All menus are analyzed for nutritional content and meet the USDA guidelines for the age of the student.
School meals are nutritious and provide:
- No more than 10 percent of calories can come from saturated fat.
- All items are trans-fat free.
- Numerous fruits and vegetables are offered each day with at least one fresh fruit or vegetable.
- Fruit and juice offered at breakfast.
- Students are allowed to select unlimited (single trip) fruits and vegetables, except for potatoes and juice.
- Age appropriate serving sizes are offered.
- A variety of dark green, red/orange, beans (legumes), starchy, and other vegetables are offered throughout the week.
- The best service and quality meals as we deal with supply chain disruptions. These disruptions may cause the menu to change. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience the changes may cause.
Click Here for MENUS
How-To Food Service Videos
Have you ever wondered how to get a breakfast or lunch in Shawnee Mission schools? Click the How-To videos below to see how Lunch Lady Laura gets a meal in elementary school. These videos were made possible through a Real World Client-Connected Project. Students from SM West High School worked with the Food Service team to produce these how-to videos.
Monitor student meal accounts by visiting SchoolCafé. You’ll need to set up username and password. There are multiple benefits to this new software including the ability to:
- View your child's account balance and purchases
- Access direct certification information
- Set limits on a la carte purchases.
- Set reminders for low account balances
View Menus with nutrient and allergen information