SMSD Pickup and Go Meals
SMSD Serves “Pickup and Go Meals” for Children Starting March 24
Beginning March 24, 2020, free breakfast and lunch will be provided to all children ages 1 to 18 at four school sites in the Shawnee Mission School District. Students with an IEP enrolled in the SM South Post High Program are also eligible to receive meals. Children must be present to receive breakfast and lunch. Click here for the Spanish translation.
- No reservations are needed.
- Meals will be available for pick up outside the school front drive.
- Meals will be placed on a table for individual pick up.
- One breakfast and one lunch meal will be given for each child present.
- An adult accompanying children may pick up the meals for each child without all children needing to exit a vehicle.
- Please follow social distancing and avoid crowding when coming to the table.
- Students are allowed to walk to school to pick up a meal. Parents are not required to bring the students.
Meals are prepared by District Food Services staff and distributed following food safety and sanitary practices.
These meals are funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Comanche Elementary, 8200 Grant St., Overland Park
- Rosehill Elementary, 9801 Rosehill, Lenexa
- Shawanoe Elementary, 11230 W. 75th St., Shawnee
- Hocker Grove Middle School, 10400 Johnson Dr,, Shawnee
Dates: Beginning March 24, 2020
Time: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Contact the Food Services Department with any questions at 913-993-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Menus will be rotated and posted on the serving line the day of service. Menus are subject to change due to availability.
Each breakfast meal includes these components: fruit, grain, and milk
Each lunch meal includes these components: protein, fruit/vegetable, grain, and milk