Friday Meal Pick Up
FREE meals are offered to all SMSD students regardless if they are learning remote, hybrid or in person. This includes breakfast and lunch meals.
Meals are funded entirely by USDA as part of their Summer Meals Program extension. These free meals will continue through the end of the school year. We encourage families to continue to apply for free and reduced meals by clicking here. Qualifying may allow for other support through the district so it is important to continue to apply for free and reduced meals.
- Meals will be available for pick up at all 47 SMSD schools.
- Pick up on Fridays from 6:30-7:45AM.
- No advance ordering is needed.
- Available only for students enrolled in SMSD.
- May pick up meals for all of your students at your most convenient location.
- At pick up, the student(s) SMSD ID number(s) will need to be presented. Please have this ready in advance. (Student ID may be found in Skyward.)
- Pick up will be just inside the doors of school. Pease wear a mask and follow social distancing.
During remote learning each week’s pick up will include 7 breakfast and 7 lunches for each student.
For hybrid and in-person learning, the students will receive their in-person meals at no cost during the days they are in school. Meals may be picked up on Fridays for the other days of the week (including weekend meals). Any extra ala carte purchases the students make while in-person learning will require money to be on their food service account.
Menus are available on the district web page by clicking here and are subject to change due to availability.
- Each breakfast meal includes these components: fruit, grain, and milk
- Each lunch meal includes these components: protein, fruit/vegetable, grain, and milk
All entrées and sides need to be taken home and refrigerated or frozen until ready to heat or consume.
Meals are prepared by District Food Services staff and distributed following food safety and sanitary practices.
Contact the Food Services Department with any questions at 913-993-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.