Health and Well-Being
Shawnee Mission Sustainability Youth Summit students identified a broad definition of what health and well-being of students includes:
- Mental health and stress education.
- Physical health supported by physical education, biking and outdoor learning.
- Dietary health that includes nutrition education and local food options, including food grown in school gardens.
- Sanitary health and updated facilities.
- Facilities that provide indoor air quality and natural light.
- Student innovation and involvement on the school level.