The food service department is pleased to announce that we will be offering free meals to all SMSD students. All SMSD students are eligible where they are enrolled in the In-Person or Remote Learning Model.
Meals are funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) as part of their Summer Meals Program extension. These free meals will continue as long as federal funding is available and could end prior to 12/31/20. We encourage families to continue to apply for free and reduced meals in the event the funding is no longer available by clicking here. Qualifying may allow for other support through the district so it is important to continue to apply for free and reduced meals.
Breakfast and lunch meals will be available for pick up at all 47 of our schools.
- Pick up is on Fridays from 7-9 a.m., starting on Friday, Sept. 11
- No advance ordering is needed. (The online digital ordering system has been disabled.)
- Meals are available only for students enrolled in SMSD.
- Students or families may pick up meals for all of your students at the most convenient school location.
- Please present the student(s) ID number(s) at pick up and have this ready in advance. (Student ID may be found in Skyward.)
- Pick up will be just inside the doors of school.
- Please wear a mask and follow social distancing.
During remote learning each week’s pick up will include 7 breakfast and 7 lunches for each student.
Menus are available on the district web page by clicking here and are subject to change due to availability. All entrées and sides need to be taken home and refrigerated or frozen until ready to heat or consume.
Each breakfast meal includes these components: fruit, grain, and milk
Each lunch meal includes these components: protein, fruit/vegetable, grain, and milk
When the district is able to move to the hybrid model, the students will receive their in-person meals at no cost during the two days they are in school. Meals may be picked up on Friday for the other 5 days of the week. Any extra ala carte purchases the students make during In-Person learning will require money to be on their food service account.
Meals are prepared by District Food Services staff and distributed following food safety and sanitary practices.
Please contact the Food Service office with questions at (913)993-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school breakfast & lunch menus, digital pre-order information and other nutrition information are available on the district’s website.