There are all kinds of examples across the district of learning reimagined in a remote learning setting. Here are just a few examples on some recent school visits across the SMSD:
- In art class, students created their artwork along with their teacher step-by-step using a document camera.
- Teachers and sixth-grade students talked about rights and responsibilities when creating digital content for their classes.
- Kindergartners practiced rhyming words and drawing letters with their fingers along with their teacher. In another class of kindergartners, students discussed the days of the week with their teacher.
- Students in Spanish class were studying new vocabulary and recording themselves saying the words for their teacher to listen.
- Students and teachers were holding discussions, engaging in feedback, and making preparations for upcoming quizzes.
- There was a social studies discussion about how to determine the difference between an advertisement or a news article.
- Performing Arts students mirrored their teacher’s actions as part of committing to their classroom intentions for the day.
Our teachers, students, families, and community members continue to be #SMSDStrong! Share your pictures and stories of learning in action with us here: https://forms.gle/QEh4cLcAF82g1NjC8