As we continue to navigate through the pandemic, with the unknown of what tomorrow may bring (quarantine, isolation, inclement weather), it is important to remember the following items:
- Students enrolled in In-Person Learning should have their device coming home daily. Please support your student to ensure the device returns to school daily and is fully charged.
- Generally, inclement Weather Days will be considered a remote learning day for all students, including special education students. Staff will be delivering live instruction when possible, along with asynchronous learning activities listed in Canvas, in the event they are unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Elementary - teachers will publish a remote learning schedule for an unexpected remote day for students, which will follow the schedule that was implemented earlier in the school year during remote learning.
- Middle School - Will follow a normal remote day schedule for all students, with attendance taken hourly.
- High School - Will follow the schedule for the designated day for all students (ie. Monday would be hours 1-4), with attendance taken hourly.
- In the event we have an unexpected remote day and your student(s) does not have their device, if available, students can log on to Canvas through any home device as well.
- If your student is unable to participate due to technical difficulties, please contact the school’s attendance line.
- In extreme weather conditions, the district may still call an official inclement weather day with no school for all students, including special education students.
Thank you for joining with us to ensure our students continue to receive a quality education in these challenging times. Working together we will continue to make SMSD Strong!