America Recycles Day is a national initiative of Keep America Beautiful. Every year America celebrates a national day of action and awareness to increase recycling and composting.
How can you celebrate?
- Brainstorm with your student about new ways to recycle at home, work, and play.
- Continue to encourage cafeteria recycling and composting with your students at school:
- Recycle milk cartons, water bottles and aluminum cans in the lunchroom.
- Compost food and paper including paper towels and cardboard trays.
- Recycle water bottles, aluminum cans and paper.
Share your ideas for reducing plastic. Wrap sandwiches in waxpaper, instead of plastic bags. Share and tag @SustainSMSD.
Is this recyclable? Find a list of what to recycle in curbside bins at Johnson County Recycles.
Learn how to recycle tough to recycle items at RecycleSpot.org.
And then, share your story and tag @SustainSMSD #AmericaRecyclesDay.