Input from many individuals in our community is an essential part of our work to design the future of the Shawnee Mission School District with an intentional and inclusive process.
One of the methods we’re using to gather diverse input involves a resource called Thoughtexchange. Thoughtexchange is a software platform designed to create challenging and productive conversations with large groups of people about issues that matter, and to understand what is valuable to communities.
During a Thoughtexchange, participants:
- Respond confidentially to an open-ended question
- Consider and assign star-ratings to the ideas shared by other participants
- Discover what is important to the community
Your voice is critical in this process, and we appreciate your taking the time to provide input. This Thoughtexchange will be open for participation until 5 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019.
Click here to participate: https://my.thoughtexchange.com/#225508314
In Thoughtexchange, ideas and ratings are confidential. In addition, you may return as often as you'd like to continue your participation. Returning to the Thoughtexchange question will allow you to assign star-ratings to some of the new ideas shared since you first participated. The ratings will help us understand the most important areas to focus on as we develop the strategic plan.
Here are some tips for using Thoughtexchange:
- Join the exchange to share your thoughts. Please provide reasons for your response.
- Please provide complete thoughts and answers. This allows better results than one-word answers or short phrases.
- Consider and rate the thoughts of other responses.
Thoughtexchange keeps confidential who shared each thought and rating. When enough participants have shared and rated thoughts, participants will be able to explore and discover the results.