Career & Technical Education
Career and Technical Education (CTE) provides relevant, hands-on coursework for high-skill, high-demand, high-wage career fields with up-to-date equipment and technology, professional learning experiences, leadership and competitive opportunities, life and career skill development, opportunity for college credit, and connection to business and industry.
Technological advances and global competition have transformed the nature of work. Tomorrow's jobs will require additional knowledge, improved skills and highly flexible workers who continually update their knowledge and skills.
Shawnee Mission School District Career and Technical Education Pathways link what students learn in school to the knowledge and skills they need for success in post-secondary education and careers.
Principal of Career Education Campuses
Coordinator of Career and Technical Education
Center for Academic Achievement
8200 W. 71st Street
Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
CTE Phone: 913-993-8725
- Kansas State Department of Education - Career and Technical Education
- Advance CTE: State Leaders Connecting Learning to Work!
- Shawnee Mission School District High School Program of Study 2018-2019
- Shawnee Mission School District High School Program of Study 2019-2020
- Shawnee Mission School District Middle School Program of Study
All Kansas students are engaged in quality career pathways to prepare them for a lifetime of opportunities as productive and responsible citizens.
- Summer 2013 -