CTE Student Organizations
Students enrolled in many career pathway courses are eligible to participate in a Career and Technical Education Student Organization (CTSO). CTSO's enable students to learn and develop leadership skills while participating in competitions and community service projects. Shawnee Mission School District offers the following CTSO's:
- Business Professionals of America (BPA) - BPA is the leading CTSO for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology, and other related career fields.
- DECA - DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) - Leadership is a primary focus of FCCLA. As students take responsibility for planning, implementing, and evaluating chapter projects and activities, they develop the skills needed to take the lead in their families, careers, and communities.
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) - The mission of HOSA is to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill, and leadership development of all health science technology education students, therefore, helping students to meet the needs of the health care community.
- Skills USA - Champions at Work - SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry professionals working together to ensure America has a skilled work force. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
Contact your teacher for additional information.