The Cerner Scholar experience provides high school students with a deeper learning experience related to their interest in computing and technology and/or business operations. The experience puts students in a real working environment with expected project deadlines.
Students who have taken at least one semester of Computer Science classes through SMSD, or have gained significant networking, programming, or cybersecurity skills on their own can apply to The Cerner Scholar experience.
How to Apply for a Spring 2022 Cerner Scholars Internship:
- Position descriptions and the sign up can be found at this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508044dafaf2aa2fb6-spring
- Students need to indicate their availability for interviews at this link by Monday, November 22nd: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=qJPE-yQNVESoFfTKWOjAndT4Og8WD_RDqL5is4Pi5yhUQjlVN0FGRVpWSlUyTFNBMllMTFlCRVo1Vi4u
- Students need to send their resume to email@example.com by Monday, November 22nd.
- Interviews will be the week of December 6th. All interviews will be done via TEAMS (so students will need to have cameras on for interview). It will be one 30-minute interview. Students might not know when their interview will be until Friday, December 3rd.
- Cerner associates are required to have their COVID vaccine, but at this time our legal team is just saying that we are going to highly recommend that our Cerner Scholars have their COVID vaccine, but it will not be requirement.
- Cerner will be a hybrid working model starting in January 2022. Each team is going to have different expectations around how many/if any teams are physically in office vs working remotely. These expectations are listed in the position descriptions.
More About Cerner Scholars
- Cerner Scholars work for about 2.5 hours a day usually 4 days per week. Students are usually at Cerner 8-10:30AM or 12-2:30PM; but times are flexible.
- Cerner Scholars are at a Cerner location / teams either one semester or two semesters within a school year. This depends on the sending education partner.
- Cerner Scholars are unpaid. Students receive high school honors-level credit on their transcripts.
- Cerner Scholars from SMSD may use Contemporary Communications as their junior and/or senior ELA credit. Contemporary Communications focuses on real world skills and activities associated with their internship experience.
Cerner scholars can be located at any Cerner campus in the metro area - View a Cerner Campus here