Career cluster pathways are designed to provide a smooth transition from high school to postsecondary education (technical colleges, community colleges and universities), apprenticeship opportunities, the military, and/or the workplace. Kansas stakeholders from education, business, and industry developed the courses that enable this transition. Kansas has developed 35 pathways that address the need for high skill, high wage, and high demand careers.
Shawnee Mission School District offers the following Career and Technical Education Pathway Clusters and fields of study. Additional information can be found in the Programs of Study and in your school's counseling office.
Signature Programs provide high school students the opportunity to explore unique areas of study in preparation for specialized academic and future career opportunities. Students participating in Signature Programs attend these programs at the Center for Academic Achievement or the Career and Technical Campus for morning or afternoon sessions.
Career and Technical Education Pathways
- Animation and Interactive Media - Web & Digital Communications
- Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Construction & Design
- Culinary Arts & Hospitality - Restaurant and Event Management
- Digital Media (AV Communications) - Journalism, Yearbook & Video Productions
- Engineering - Project Lead The Way
- Fashion, Apparel, Interior Design (FAID)
- Graphic Design (Visual Arts) - Business & Visual Arts
- Health Science
- Manufacturing / Woods & Welding/Metals
- Mobile Equipment Maintenance (Auto Tech)
- Programming & Software Development
- Project Blue Eagle - Corrections, Security, Law & Law Enforcement
- Project Blue Eagle - Fire Management Services & Emergency
- Teaching / Training