Shawnee Mission School District protects our students online through the use of Lightspeed Filter Systems to block inappropriate and harmful videos and images. This is effective in blocking images, videos and websites for all K-12. It also protects secondary students on Youtube content through use of SmartPlay technology.
Parent Portal is a service that Shawnee Mission Schools provides for families through Lightspeed. To register, parents should go to Skyward. An online form is available to register for this district provided service. Once the form is completed, parents will receive an email to provide access to the parent portal website. Parents can then have the capabilities to pause internet access and also use the service to receive weekly updates of student web activity.
- What does the parent portal look like?
- How often does the web activity update?
- What do I do if I do not like what I see in the weekly report?
- How do I pause internet activity for my child?
- How do I sign up for the parent portal?
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- What should I do if I do not see my child in the portal?
- DO I HAVE ADDITIONAL OPTIONS?