Little Horizons Early Learning Center
The Shawnee Mission School District offers infant and toddler services for Shawnee Mission School District students and employees with children. The Little Horizons Early Learning Center, located at the district’s Horizons High School, 5900 Lamar Ave, Mission, KS 66202, is licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
We provide a healthy and safe environment, following Kansas Department of Health and Environment and Shawnee Mission School District procedures. We have an on-site administrator, security officer, registered nurse, and a classroom coordinator who oversees the day-to-day operations. Our infant/ toddler aides are experienced, professional, and certified in first aid, CPR, and safe sleep.
Little Horizons uses the Kansas Early Learning Standards as a guide to developing developmentally appropriate learning experiences for children. Creative Curriculum, an instructional resource aligned to the standards, is utilized at Little Horizons to prepare our teachers to focus on daily routines and experiences by offering guidance in the following key developmental areas:
Hours of Operation
- Coincides with the Shawnee Mission School District schedule including professional development days.
- We will be closed on all Shawnee Mission School District holidays, winter break, spring break, snow days, and any other day the superintendent /designee determines school will be closed.
Little Horizons Benefits
- Only a $50 deposit fee required to reserve care, which applies to your first week's tuition
- Competitive rates
- Payroll deduction option
- High quality licensed child care with trained staff
- Developmentally appropriate activities/curriculum and lesson plans
- No charge for winter and spring breaks
- Milk and snacks provided (parents provide daily lunch)
0-12 months: $260
12 months - 2 yrs: $235
2 years and up: $210
0-12 months: $195
12 months - 2 yrs: $180
2 years and up: $160
Reserve your spot
1. Call to set up a tour of our learning center.
2. Complete the reservation form.
3. Submit form with $50 reservation fee that will apply to first week of tuition.
Additional information is in our parent handbook.
For more information contact:
5900 Lamar Ave.
Mission, KS 66202