Play Center Groups
Parents as Teachers playgroups in the play center offer children an opportunity to build social skills and enjoy pay time with their parents model appropriate play and interact with other parents.
The Play Center is open to all children currently enrolled in the Shawnee Mission Parents as Teachers program (birth to 36 months). Please attend only one session per week. No guest or older siblings please.
Shawnee Mission Early Childhood - Parents as Teachers Play Center
Early Childhood Education Center (Broadmoor Center) 6701 W. 83rd Street, (83rd & Metcalf) - (913) 993-9380
Hours and Schedule as follows:
|Tuesday||9:30 - 10:30 am||Walking to 36 months|
|Tuesday||10:30 - 11:30 am||Birth to Walking|
|Wednesday||9:30 - 11:30 am||Mixed ages, Birth to 36 mos, 1 hour only|
|Saturdays||9:30 - 11:30 am||see above for dates that apply|
2019-2020 Saturday Play Centers as follows:
- Saturday, December 14, 2019
- Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Saturday, February 22, 2020
Please no food or drink and model clean-up skills as you and your child put toys away after play.
Join us for Storytime...
Mr. Bradley Debrick, Early Literacy Coordinating Librarian with Johnson County Library will host our storytime. If you have not heard him read a story, you are in for a treat! The dates for the following Wednesday are as follows: Story Time Flyer
- Wednesday, September 11
- Wednesday, October 9
- Wednesday, November 13
- Wednesday, December 11
New Parenting Books - See the list of recently added titles from the Johnson County Library. The list was created at the request of Shawnee Mission Parents as Teachers and will be updated regularly.
Play Center will be CLOSED on the Holiday Schedule as follows:
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Tuesday, December 24, 2019
- Wednesday, December 25, 2019
- Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Spring Break - The Play Center will be OPEN the week of Spring Break.
- Summer Play Center - Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, the play center is open Wednesday's only with mixed ages between 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. 1 hour limit please. The summer play center starts Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
- Inclement Weather - PAT staff and play center follow all Shawnee Mission School District weather cancellations. Please check your local news source or the main SMSD website for more information. If SMSD is closed due to poor weather conditions so are the PAT home visits and the play center.