Kindergarten Roundup 2020
The district is currently formulating a process for Kindergarten enrollment for the 2020-21 school year. Please continue to check this website; information will be posted as it becomes available.
Kindergarten Roundups are evening events hosted at each elementary school. This event gives families of incoming kindergartners the opportunity to learn about kindergarten in the Shawnee Mission School District. Events are held at all elementary schools between April 13 and 24. The time for each roundup is 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
What you need to know about Kindergarten Roundup
- Children must be age 5 on or before Aug. 31 to be eligible for kindergarten enrollment.
- At Kindergarten Round-up information nights, parents and guardians will begin the enrollment process, ask questions, meet the principal, and hear from teachers about what students will learn in kindergarten.
- Children may participate in fun activities, and should attend.
- Parents and guardians will schedule a screening appointment for their kindergarten student. At this screening appointment, children eligible for Jump Start will be identified. Appointment schedule information will be updated shortly.
- Parents will need to provide a copy of a completed physical examination to enroll their student in kindergarten. The physical examination must be done within 12 months before school enrollment or within 90 days after the first day of school attendance.
Take with you to Kindergarten Roundup:
- Certified copy of your child's birth certificate.
- Immunization records.
- Completed enrollment forms.
- Proof of residency (mortgage statement, tax bill or new purchase/lease agreement AND two current utility bills).