Project Finish is an online diploma completion opportunity for adult residents who live within the Shawnee Mission School District boundaries.
Once Project Finish students have completed all graduation requirements they will be awarded a Shawnee Mission School District diploma. Candidates will have access to the online program and coursework 24 hours a day, seven days a week as long as they have access to the internet.
This program’s home is at Horizons High School, 5900 Lamar Ave. Students may use the Horizons computer lab to complete coursework. The Horizons computer lab is staffed with an instructor.
Students have the option to complete their online coursework at Horizons, a Johnson County public library, their workplace, or whenever they can schedule it within their day. Participants may use the computer lab at Horizons (which offers 5 computer stations), the Johnson County Library, or their personal computer.
Any student needing tutoring or coursework support may get assistance from the Project Finish teacher by appointment during the designated hours at Horizons High School.
To enroll in Project Finish a student must meet or complete the following requirements:
- Be 19 years of age or older, no age limit.
- Students must be a 6th year senior if they are not 20 years old or more.
- Complete the balance of high school credit requirements in compliance with the Kansas State Department of Education’s 21 credit requirements.
- Provide proof of identity, proof of residency, and official transcripts of any and all previous high school coursework tried and completed.
- Pay $40 cash or check to Horizons or credit card (Horizons enrollment location only).
- Students will take all online final exams for all courses at Horizons High School under the supervision of the Project Finish teacher.
If you wish to enroll in Project Finish, please click on the button below to complete the enrollment process.
Project Finish Appointment
Enrollment will be accepted at any time with an appointment.
For more information and any questions, please contact:
Eddy LyDay, Principal, Horizons High School