Johnson County Community Developmental Disabilities Organization (CDDO)
As a provision of the Developmental Disabilities Reform Act, a CDDO has been designated for every area of the state to help coordinate services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Johnson County CDDO is responsible for:
- Providing a single point of entry for people seeking Intellectual and Develpmental Disabilities (I/DD) services.
- Determining eligibility for I/DD services.
- Coordinating access to services and supports.
- Assisting individuals in choosing from an array of service options.
- Providing information and referral services.
- Maintaining a network of agency and individual affiliate providers.
- Working with affiliate agencies to ensure customer-driven quality services.
- Receiving complaints and addressing concerns with I/DD services in Johnson County.
- Completing Initial and Annual Reassessments (BASIS) to ensure continued functional eligibility for I/DD services.
- Capacity planning.
- Assisting individuals who are moving in or out of Johnson County.
- Maintaining annual contact with individuals who are on the waiting list for I/DD services.