Student Records and Transcripts

Students Writing in a Classroom Student Records/Transcript Request
Transcripts may be released upon completion of the Shawnee Mission School District transcript request and records release authorization form. The form must be signed by a parent or guardian if the records are for a student under the age of eighteen.

The completed and signed form may be submitted in person, via email, fax, or U.S. mail to either the student records office or your high school registrar. An exception to this would be for graduations or withdrawals occurring between 1984 and 1991. Requests for those years must be submitted to the student records office.  A form that is emailed, faxed, or mailed must also be accompanied by a photocopy of the signatory's ID, such as a driver’s license.

How do I request my transcript/student records?
If you are over 18 years of age, fill out and sign the Shawnee Mission School District transcript request and records release authorization form. The form may be downloaded from the Student Records Website page.  Students who are under 18 must have the form signed by a parent or legal guardian. Proof of ID is required. Submit the completed request form in person, by fax, mail, or email to either the student records office or high school registrar.

To whom do I submit my transcript/records request form?
With the exception of years 1984–1991, you may request records from the registrar at the high school from which you graduated/last attended or from the student records office at the Shawnee Mission, Center for Academic Achievement at 8200 W. 71st Street, Shawnee Mission, 66204

Records requests for students who graduated or last attended high school between the years of 1984-1991 should be submitted to the student records office located in the Shawnee Mission, Center for Academic Achievement at 8200 W. 71st Street, Shawnee Mission, 66204.

Is there a cost for transcripts or student records?
If the records/transcripts requested are for a former student, there is a $2 processing fee. The fee is payable by check or money order (issued to SMSD) or cash.  The District does not accept transcript fee payments by credit card at this time.

A student is entitled to five transcripts at no cost for the duration that he or she is enrolled in a Shawnee Mission school. The fee for subsequent transcripts will be $2 each.

What is the difference between an official and unofficial transcript?
An official transcript has a stamp, raised seal, and signature.  It is usually required as part of the admissions process to a university or college. Often requested for personal use, an unofficial transcript is also used by employers or unions. There is no difference in cost.

How do I request special education records?
Requests for special education records should be directed to the following:

Special Education Department
8200 W. 71st Street
Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Phone: (913) 993-8600
Fax: (913) 993-8614

Request Transcript: Download Form

Current/Active Students can submit their transcript requests through Xello. Requests from active students that are submitted through Xello are free.  Ordering transcripts through Xello is only available to active students.

Graduates and former Shawnee Mission School District students will need to submit their transcript requests through Parchment. Shawnee Mission School District has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript and other credentials securely. Please click on the link associated with the  last Shawnee Mission high school that you attended. There is a small fee charged when you order your transcript through Parchment.

SM East HS
SM North HS
SM Northwest HS
SM South HS
SM West HS
Horizons HS

Center for Academic Achievement
Student Records Office
8200 W. 71st Street
Shawnee Mission, KS 66204

Robert Pagenkopf
Phone: (913) 993-6287
Fax: (913) 993-6298


High School Registrar
Contact Information: 

Shawnee Mission East 
Registrar: Melanie Lowe
7500 Mission Road
Shawnee Mission, KS 66208
Phone: (913) 993‐6600
Fax: (913) 993‐6886

Shawnee Mission North 
Registrar: Cynthia Pulido
7401 Johnson Drive
Shawnee Mission, KS 66202
Phone: (913) 993‐6900
Fax: (913) 993‐6999

Shawnee Mission Northwest 
Registrar: Tammy Ramsey
12701 W. 67th Street
Shawnee Mission, KS 66216
Phone: (913) 993‐7200
Fax: (913) 993‐7499

Shawnee Mission South 
Registrar: Susan Walter
5800 W. 107th Street
Shawnee Mission, KS 66207
Phone: (913) 993‐7500
Fax: (913) 993‐7542

Shawnee Mission West 
Registrar: Anne Viera
8800 W. 85th Street
Shawnee Mission, KS 66212
Phone: (913) 993‐7800
Fax: (913) 993‐7842

Note: The High Schools will be closed for Summer Break effective June 22, 2020.  Their offices will re-open on July 27, 2020.  Please direct all records inquiries to the Student Records Office during this time.