- SMSD students: $170.00 per session
- Intro to Studio Art: $205.00 per session (includes supply fee)
- Tuition includes textbook rental and parking.
When to Enroll 2022
- March 23, 2022, SMSD students only
- June 6, 2022, Session 1 enrollment closes*
- July 5, 2022, Session 2 enrollment closes*
*SMSD incoming freshmen enrolling in Health Education or Intro to Studio Art must enroll by May 24 for either session.
Session 2 Enrollment 2022
Summer enrollment begins on March 23. These classes will fill quickly; enroll and pay early. If space is available, enrollment for session 2 will be accepted until July 5. SMSD incoming freshmen enrolling in Health Education or Intro to Studio Art must enroll by May 24. No enrollments accepted after these dates.
Where to Enroll 2022
- SMSD Students must be actively enrolled in a Shawnee Mission high school and should enroll in Summer Academy courses at their high school counseling office.
- Current non-district students who have enrolled in a Shawnee Mission high school for next year (must be complete in Skyward) may enroll only for PE courses (current 8th graders, only for Physical Education Concepts), and may enroll at the high school counseling office. A health history form and proof of immunizations is required for these students. Registration is not complete and students may not attend class until these forms are updated in Skyward or received in the Summer programs office before class begins.
Guardians must pay for the course online in eFunds or with the school bookkeeper at time of enrollment.
Full payment is required at the time of enrollment. Payment not received within 48 hours will remove student from the course. We cannot accept partial payments or payment plans.
Credit by Examination is not allowed. Auditing is allowed if indicated at time of enrollment and payment.
Minimum Class Size/Cancellation of Classes
A minimum number of students is required for each course to be offered. Early enrollment and payment is strongly advised to assure placement. Staffing is based on enrollment needs, and students will be notified if a class must be canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
SMSD Summer Academy follows all SMSD COVID-19 mitigation protocols.