If you originally created an account and enrolled online, and you wish to print a Summer Enrichment receipt, please click the "Enroll Online" button, log in and then click "Reprint Receipt".
Summer Enrichment classes are for students entering grades 1-8 in fall 2018. Additionally, for students meeting class age requirements, there is a pre-k and kindergarten class for early learners. All classes are designed to develop new interests and skills through participatory learning activities. Look for classes that indicate the grade level your child will be entering in the fall and their interest level.
2019 Summer Enrichment dates, location and information will be posted as soon as they become available.
2018 Dates and Location
SM South High School, 5800 West 107th Street, Overland Park, KS 66204
Weekly classes are offered June 11 - July 27, Monday through Friday. No classes the week of July 2. Morning classes are from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.; afternoon classes are from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Early Care, Late Care, and Lunch Care options are available. Look under Optional Programs when enrolling online.
Tuition for each class is $95 per week for in-district students and $100 per week for out-of-district students. Two classes per week are $190 for in-district or $200 for out-of-district. Early Care, Lunch Care*, and Late Care are $15 each for everyone. *If the student is enrolled in both a morning session and an afternoon session in the same week, there is no charge for the Lunch Care option (your student will be automatically enrolled in Lunch Care when enrolling online).
2018 Where to Enroll
Summer 2018 enrollment begins Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
- Online - Pay online (Enroll Online button to the right) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. All online transactions will be charged a $3.00 convenience fee. Parents/guardians will be required to fill out the health history form online. A physician signed Kansas Certificate of Immunizations form is required for all new SMSD students, non-district students and Smiley Face students. Registration is not complete until the KCI is received in the Summer Programs office. Students will not be able to attend class unless the KCI is on file.
- Summer Programs office - Located at Broadmoor Technical Center, 6701 West 83rd Street, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon and 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. A health history form and a physician signed Kansas Certificate of Immunizations is required for all new SMSD students, non-district students and Smiley Face students. Registration is not complete until the KCI is received in the Summer Programs office. Students will not be able to attend class unless the KCI is on file. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District; cash should be exact change.
- By mail - Click the buttons at the right for an enrollment form as well as the health and photo release forms. A health history form and a physician signed Kansas Certificate of Immunizations is required for all new SMSD students, non-district students and Smiley Face students. Registration is not complete until the KCI is received in the Summer Programs office. Students will not be able to attend class unless the KCI is on file. Please mail to the attention of Summer Enrichment. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District.
- Full payment is due at enrollment. We cannot accept partial payments or payment plans. All online transactions will be charged a $3.00 convenience fee.
- Telephone enrollments are NOT accepted.
- Immunizations can be faxed, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed, or hand delivered to the Summer Programs office. A copy of a physician immunization card or printout from physician portal may be substituted.
2018 Cancellation/Refund Policy
Classes are subject to minimum enrollment criteria and may be cancelled on a week-to-week basis. Phone calls or emails will be made to the contacts on file. In the event of cancellation, you may select any available alternate class or request a refund.
If a student is withdrawn from a class for any reason before May 16, a 20% cancellation fee will be assessed. No refunds after May 16. Our refund policy is strictly enforced due to the nature of our enrollment-based structure. Tuition fees are utilized for staffing and other program expenditure decisions made prior to May 16. A written or email request to email@example.com is required for a withdrawal or refund.
Technology will be provided for those classes and activities requiring it. The Responsible Use Policy and Acceptable Use Policy is still in effect for Summer Enrichment. The same Damage Device Structure is in effect as during the normal school year.
Teachers will greet the children at an assigned location in front of SM South High School, holding a colored flag that represents each of the classes. Be sure to look for the flag color in the class description for each class. In the event of inclement weather during drop-off or dismissal, all classes will wait inside the building.
Attendance is taken every day in every class. If your child will not be able to attend class, please call the program location directly at (913) 993-9412. If your child is late or must leave early, please sign them in/out at Enrichment office at SM South.
Principal of Summer Enrichment
Summer Programs Office
Broadmoor Technical Center
6701 West 83rd Street
Overland Park, KS 66204
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Enrichment Summer Office at SM South:
(only available June 11- July 27, 2018)
Office (913) 993-9412 Nurse (913) 993-9416