If you originally created an account and enrolled online (summer 2018) and you wish to print a Summer Enrichment receipt, please click the "Summer 2018 Receipt" button, log in and then click "Reprint Receipt". You may need to select 2018.
Summer Enrichment classes are for students currently in grades K-7 (2018-19 school year). Additionally, for students meeting class age requirements, there is a pre-k class for early learners. All classes are designed to develop new interests and skills through participatory learning activities. Look for classes that indicate the grade level your child is currently in (2018-19 school year) and their interest level.
2019 Dates and Location
Indian Woods Middle School, 9700 Woodson, Overland Park, KS 66207
Weekly classes are offered June 10 - July 26, 2019. There are no classes the week of July 1. Morning classes are from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.; afternoon classes are from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Early Care, Late Care, and Lunch Care options are available. More information is under Optional Programs in the catalog.
Please see Summer Enrichment Catalog for complete information (link on right).
Tuition for each class is $95 per week for all students. Two classes per week are $190. Early Care, Lunch Care*, and Late Care are $15 each. *If the student is enrolled in both a morning session and an afternoon session in the same week, there is no charge for the Lunch Care option (your student will automatically receive the Lunch Care option and you do not need to add this course if enrolling with arena scheduling). (Early Care, Lunch Care** and Late Care are not available at the CAA satellite location or Summer Band Blast. **Students who enroll in both an AM and PM class at CAA during the same week may stay for lunch care at no extra charge.)
2019 Where to Enroll
Summer 2019 enrollment begins Wednesday, March 20, 2019. Options for enrollment are below.
- Skyward Arena Scheduling - If you enrolled in Summer Enrichment or Summer Band Blast in 2017 or 2018, you can use the Skyward Family Access Arena Scheduling to enroll (tutorial to be posted at a later date) and pay with eFunds ($3.00 convenience charge). A health history and physician signed Kansas Certificate of Immunizations form is required for all new SMSD students, non-district students and Smiley Face students. Registration is not complete until these forms are received in the Summer Programs office. Students will not be able to attend class unless the KCI is on file.
- Summer Programs office - Located at Broadmoor Technical Center, 6701 West 83rd Street, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon and 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. A health history form and a physician signed Kansas Certificate of Immunizations is required for all new SMSD students, non-district students and Smiley Face students. Registration is not complete until these forms are received in the Summer Programs office. Students will not be able to attend class unless the KCI is on file. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District; cash should be exact change.
- By mail - Click the buttons at the right for an enrollment form as well as the health and photo release forms. A health history form and a physician signed Kansas Certificate of Immunizations is required for all new SMSD students, non-district students and Smiley Face students. Registration is not complete until these are received in the Summer Programs office. Students will not be able to attend class unless the KCI is on file. Please mail to the attention of Summer Enrichment. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District.
- Full payment is due at enrollment. We cannot accept partial payments or payment plans. Online payments not received within 24 hours of enrollment will automatically result in removal of student from the class(es). All online transactions will be charged a $3.00 convenience fee.
- All July enrollments must be enrolled and paid by July 8, 2019. Enrollments and payments cannot be accepted after this date. No class changes after July 8, 2019.
- Telephone enrollments are NOT accepted.
- Immunizations can be faxed, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed, or hand delivered to the Summer Programs office. A copy of a physician immunization card or printout from physician portal may be substituted.
2019 Cancellation/Refund Policy
Classes are subject to minimum enrollment criteria and may be cancelled on a week-to-week basis. Phone calls or emails will be made to the contacts on file. In the event of cancellation, you may select any available alternate class or request a refund.
If a student is withdrawn from a class for any reason before May 15, a 20% cancellation fee will be assessed. No refunds after May 15. Our refund policy is strictly enforced due to the nature of our enrollment-based structure. Tuition fees are utilized for staffing and other program expenditure decisions made prior to May 15. A written or email request to email@example.com is required for a withdrawal or refund.
Technology will be provided for those classes and activities requiring it. The Responsible Use Policy, Acceptable Use Policy, and the Damage Device Structure are in effect for Summer Enrichment.
Teachers will greet the children at an assigned location in front of Indian Woods Middle School, holding a colored flag that represents each of the classes. Be sure to look for the flag color in the class description for each class. In the event of inclement weather during drop-off or dismissal, all classes will wait inside the building.
Attendance is taken every day in every class. If your child will not be able to attend class, please call the program location directly at (913) 993-9412. If your child is late or must leave early, please sign them in/out at Enrichment office at Indian Woods.
Principal of Summer Enrichment
Summer Programs Office
Broadmoor Technical Center
6701 West 83rd Street
Overland Park, KS 66204
Fax (913) 993-9435
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Enrichment Summer Office at Indian Woods:
(only available June 10- July 26, 2019)
Office (913) 993-9412 Nurse (913) 993-9416