All July enrollments must be enrolled and paid by July 12, 2021. Enrollments and payments cannot be accepted after this date. Skyward Arena Scheduling will no longer be available effective July 12, 2021.
Once payment has been made, all class changes, drops and refunds should be requested from the Summer Programs office. No class changes will be available after July 12, 2021.
Students and staff must wear masks while participating in school activities indoors. Masks may be removed during high exertion activities. Masks will not be required outside. Further information may be found for the district summer mitigation plan at
Enrollment for 2021 summer is limited to currently enrolled SMSD students only. Tuition for each class is $95 per week for all students. Early Care is $20. Early Care and the Food Service Summer Lunch program are not available at the CAA satellite location.
2021 Where to Enroll
Enrollment for 2021 summer is limited to currently enrolled SMSD students only. Summer 2021 enrollment begins Thursday, April 15, 2021 and continues until the class is full or in session. Options for enrollment are below.
- Skyward Arena Scheduling - Use the Skyward Family Access Arena Scheduling to enroll online if you have a Skyward Family Access account and have previously been added to Summer Enrichment Arena Scheduling (tutorial to be posted at later date), and pay with eFunds ($3.00 convenience charge). Skyward Arena Scheduling will no longer be available effective July 12, 2021. For information on how to be added to Arena Scheduling, please read below.
- For parents of current (2020-21) Shawnee Mission School District students ONLY who have not been previously added to Skyward Arena Scheduling and currently have Skyward Family Access at their student's SMSD school, but would like to request to be added to our Arena Scheduling online enrollment and payment system, please complete our "Add me to Summer Enrichment 2021" form here, before or during the enrollment period. This does not need to be completed every year; if your student has enrolled in Summer Enrichment since 2017, you may already have access to Arena Scheduling (not currently viewable).
- For current (2020-21) parents of SMSD families only who already have access to Arena Scheduling for students who were previously enrolled in Summer Enrichment, but would like to add additional siblings, please complete our "Add SMSD Sibling to Summer Enrichment 2021" form here, before or during the enrollment period.
- By mail - with a check to the attention of Summer Enrichment, Broadmoor/Early Childhood Education Center, 6701 W. 83rd St., Overland Park, KS 66204, along with any health and photo release forms required. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District (please do not send cash by mail).
- In person by appointment only at the Summer Programs office - Located at Broadmoor/Early Childhood Education Center, 6701 West 83rd Street, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. In keeping with district security policy, please press the buzzer and ask for the Summer Programs office. In person appointments will NOT be available on the first day of enrollment, April 15. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District; cash should be exact change.
- Full payment is due at enrollment. We cannot accept partial payments or payment plans. Online payments not received within 24 hours of enrollment will automatically result in removal of student from the class(es). All online transactions will be charged a $3.00 convenience fee.
- A health history and proof of immunizations must be provided and/or updated for all SMSD Smiley Face enrollees AND any new SMSD students (must be enrolled with SMSD school and in Skyward before June 3). Registration is not complete until these forms are received or updated, either online in Family Access or in the Summer Programs office. Photo release, technology, and health history forms may be completed or updated in Skyward (via online verification) with your Family Access account. Immunizations must be sent or updated in person, by mail, by fax, or by email prior to the student attending class. A copy of a physician immunization card or printout from physician portal may be substituted.
- Non-district students will not be able to enroll for summer 2021.
- Once payment has been made, all class changes, drops and refunds should be requested from the Summer Programs office.
- All July enrollments must be enrolled and paid by July 12, 2021. Enrollments and payments cannot be accepted after this date. No class changes after July 12, 2021.
- Telephone enrollments are NOT accepted.