Due to challenges related to school building closures, summer enrichment programs will not be offered this summer for students in grades K-8. Please read complete summer information HERE.
All July enrollments must be enrolled and paid by July 6, 2020. Enrollments and payments cannot be accepted after this date. Skyward Arena Scheduling will no longer be available effective July 6, 2020.
Once payment has been made, all class changes, drops and refunds should be requested from the Summer Programs office. No class changes will be available after July 6, 2020.
Tuition for each class is $95 per week for all students. Two classes per week are $190. Early Care, Lunch Care*, and Late Care are $20 each. *If the student is enrolled in both a morning session and an afternoon session in the same week, there is no charge for the Lunch Care option (your student will automatically receive the Lunch Care option and you do not need to add this course if enrolling with arena scheduling). (Early Care, Lunch Care** and Late Care are not available at the CAA satellite location or Summer Band Blast. **Students who enroll in both an AM and PM class at CAA during the same week may stay for lunch care at no extra charge; student needs to bring a sack lunch and drink.)
2020 Where to Enroll
Summer 2020 enrollment is currently on hold until further notice. Options for enrollment are below.
- Skyward Arena Scheduling - Use the Skyward Family Access Arena Scheduling to enroll online if you have a Skyward Family Access account and have previously been added to Summer Enrichment Arena Scheduling (tutorial to be posted at later date), and pay with eFunds ($3.00 convenience charge). Skyward Arena Scheduling will no longer be available effective July 6, 2020. For information on how to be added to Arena Scheduling, please see section at bottom of page.^
- Summer Programs office - Located at Broadmoor/Early Childhood Education Center, 6701 West 83rd Street, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon and 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District; cash should be exact change. In keeping with district security policy, please enter the main Broadmoor/ECE Center entrance with proper photo ID and ask for the Summer Programs office.
- By mail - with a check to the attention of Summer Enrichment, along with any health and photo release forms required. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District (please do not send cash by mail).
- Full payment is due at enrollment. We cannot accept partial payments or payment plans. Online payments not received within 24 hours of enrollment will automatically result in removal of student from the class(es). All online transactions will be charged a $3.00 convenience fee.
- A health history and proof of immunizations is required for all new SMSD students, non-district students and Smiley Face students. Registration is not complete until these forms are received or updated, either online in arena scheduling or in the Summer Programs office. Photo release, technology, and health history forms may be completed or updated in Skyward (via online verification) if you have a Family Access account. Immunizations must be sent or updated in person, by mail, by fax, or by email prior to the student attending class. A copy of a physician immunization card or printout from physician portal may be substituted.
- Once payment has been made, all class changes, drops and refunds should be requested from the Summer Programs office.
- All July enrollments must be enrolled and paid by July 6, 2020. Enrollments and payments cannot be accepted after this date. No class changes after July 6, 2020.
- Telephone enrollments are NOT accepted.
^How to be Added to Skyward Arena Scheduling
- For parents of current (2019-20) Shawnee Mission School District students ONLY who have not been previously added to Skyward Arena Scheduling and currently have Skyward Family Access at their student's SMSD school, but would like to request to be added to our Arena Scheduling online enrollment and payment system, please complete our "Add me to Summer Enrichment 2020" form here, before or during the enrollment period. This does not need to be completed every year; if your student has enrolled in Summer Enrichment since 2017, you may already have access to Arena Scheduling (not currently viewable).
- For current (2019-20) parents who already have access to Arena Scheduling for some students who were previously enrolled in Summer Enrichment, but would like to add additional siblings, please complete our "Add Sibling to Summer Enrichment 2020" form here, before or during the enrollment period.
- Parents of new non-district students who have not previously enrolled in Summer Enrichment have three options to enroll in Summer Enrichment:
- Come into the Summer Programs office ahead of the first day of enrollment to be added to Skyward Family Access Arena Scheduling with information and verification of identity (driver's license or passport).
- Enroll in person at our Summer Enrichment office after enrollment begins. Please bring your driver's license for verification. Verification allows access to the Skyward Arena Scheduling for future enrollment additions.
- Mail enrollment and health forms. Note: You will not be able to access Skyward Family Access or Arena Scheduling.
skyward family access