SMSD Summer Band Blast follows all SMSD COVID-19 mitigation protocols.
SUMMER BAND BLAST
This is a great way for students to stay in playing shape over the summer months. Summer Band Blast is a mix of band rehearsals, small ensembles, and sectionals that gives players of every playing level an opportunity to improve their skills in each of these settings. All classes are taught by highly qualified professionals. Please read Band Blast flyer for more information.
Only currently enrolled Shawnee Mission students are eligible to attend this camp.
Located at SM West High School, 8800 West 85th Street
- Current SMSD 5th-6th Graders
June 13 - 17, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.
- Current SMSD 7th-8th Graders
June 21 - 24, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
(No class on June 20th)
Parents may enroll and pay for Summer Band Blast with the following options:
- Skyward Arena Scheduling - Enroll online via Skyward Family Access Arena Scheduling. For information on how to be added to Arena Scheduling, please read below. Parents who enroll online will need to call or email the Summer Programs office with student's instrument and T-shirt size.
- NOTE: Families must complete the Enable Arena Scheduling form, prior to accessing online enrollment if one of the following conditions apply:
- You are the guardian of a current SMSD student that does NOT already have access to Skyward Arena Scheduling (a linked tab on left side of Skyward Parent Portal); OR
- You have a previously enrolled SMSD Summer Enrichment student and access to Skyward Arena Scheduling, but need to add additional siblings not previously enrolled;
- Enroll in person- (between March 30th - May 24th) at the Summer Programs office, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Located within the Center for Academic Achievement, 8200 West 71st St., Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to Noon / 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. by appointment only
- NOTE: In keeping with district security policy, please enter the main entrance with proper photo ID for scanning and ask for the Summer Programs office. All district Covid mitigation protocols will be enforced to grant access and to remain inside the building.
- By mail - with a check to the attention of Summer Enrichment,
Center for Academic Achievement, 8200 West 71st St., Shawnee Mission, KS 66204. Please make checks payable to Shawnee Mission School District (please do not send cash by mail).
Full payment is due at enrollment. We cannot accept partial payments or payment plans. Online payments not received within 24 hours of enrollment will automatically result in removal of student from the class(es). All online transactions will be charged a $3.00 convenience fee.
Once payment has been made, all class changes, drops and refunds should be requested from the Summer Programs office.
Click here for cancellation policy.
Summer Programs office
Center for Academic Achievement
8200 West 71st St.
Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Charlene Simmons, Secretary
7:30 a.m - 12:00 noon / 1:00-3:30 p.m. (closed daily 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.)
In-person enrollments by appointment only