Shawnee Mission School District Alerts
The Shawnee Mission School District has a comprehensive communication platform that allows parents to receive communication in a variety of ways: phone calls, text-alerts, and e-mails. Families can sign up to receive alerts in the manner that works best for them.
Alerts may include: Emergency messages, school closings, early dismissals, attendance information, and announcements from a school.
- For family members to receive phone calls and emails, parent/guardian contact information must be up-to-date in Skyward. Please go to the Skyward Family Access Portal and make those changes on the Student Info tab.
- Once the contact information is up-to-date in the Skyward Family Access Portal, to receive text messages, parents/guardians will need to opt-in by texting Y to 67857.
To review your communication preferences, visit the Skyward Family Access Portal and check preferences on the Skylert tab.
24-hour Information Line
Find out about:
- School closings and district events
- Classified employment listing
- Lunch menus
- District fine arts events