Dr. John McKinney
Director of Family & Student Services
The Migrant Education Program (MEP) is available to schools and families across the United States. Its focus is on helping families who work in agriculture and by nature of the work are required to move for their work. The MEP is designed with the needs of the students in mind.
The program offers support for families to:
- Ensure that migrant children benefit from public education
- Offer services to reduce educational disruptions that result from repeated moves
- Provide individual support for your child
Benefits for students:
- Free school meals
- Academic support (i.e. school supplies, tutoring, summer school)
- Health services (i.e. vision, dental, other)
- Graduation support
- Leadership and scholarship opportunities
Kansas Migrant Education Program - Provides high quality services, resources and opportunities for migrant students and their families.