403B /457B Plans
- 403b Salary Reduction Agreement
- 457 Salary Reduction Agreement
- 403b & 457 Transaction Processing Kit - Aviben
Notices and Important Documents
The Shawnee Mission School District offers both 403(b) and 457 plans to eligible employees. These plans are designed to enable employees to make pre-tax contributions and supplement their retirement by investing money into tax-sheltered annuities and mutual fund companies.
November 13, 2023
After multiple meetings, the Benefits Committee decided to recommend the following to the Superintendent and the Board of Education. The Board of Education approved the recommendation at the November 13, 2023 Board meeting.
● Corebridge Financial will be our Single Vendor/Record Keeper moving forward.
● The district will move all employee assets from other district sponsored vendors over to Corebridge. This will provide all participants with the lowest
possible service fees and a one stop platform for all retirement information
. ● Corebridge will map all incoming assets to “like funds” compared to the previous vendor. CBIZ will not move employee assets if for any reason the value of the funds would be diminished through the transfer.
● Beginning with the March 20, 2024 payroll, all deferred compensations will be directed to Corebridge.