Leave Options - FMLA/PTHL
FMLA Information and Documents
- FMLA Employee Request Form
- FMLA Employee Illness Medical Certification Form
- FMLA Care of Qualified Family Member Medical Certification Form
FMLA Military Forms
PTHL Information and Documents
The Family Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA) requires covered employers to provide up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for the following reasons:
- for Incapacity due to pregnancy, prenatal medical care or child birth
- to care for the employee's child after birth, or placement for adoption or foster care
- to care for the employee's spouse, son, daughter or parent, who has a serious health condition
- for a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to preform the employee's job
Employees are eligible if they have worked for a covered employer for at least 12 months, have 1,250 hours of service in the previous 12 months, and if at least 50 employees are employed by the employer within 75 miles.
Part-Time Health Leave - Part-time classified employees may be eligible to utilize the District's Part-Time Health Leave policy (PTHL). This option is an alternative for those who do not meet the FMLA criteria. This leave option can only be used for an employee's serious health condition or child birth.
Contact Jennifer Lumley, 913-993-6497, in the Benefits Office if you have a need to take FMLA or PTHL.