The Shawnee Mission School District Fitness Center, located in the Center for Academic Achievement, is a state of the art facility tailored to all fitness levels.
**This benefit is for ALL SMSD staff, their spouses, and dependents 16 years or older- FREE of charge.
The Fitness Center provides comprehensive health and fitness programs to meet your needs and goals for a healthier lifestyle. The center is staffed with qualified fitness professionals trained in exercise instruction and programming.
So... who can use the Fitness Center?
- Any SMSD employee, their spouse, and dependents 16 years or older.
- Retirees of the district are eligible to become members of the Fitness Center and will have access during limited hours: M-F 8am- 2pm; Sat 7am-12.
*No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the Fitness Center at any time.
How do I join?
- Complete a New Member Packet (linked under Important Documents on the right hand side of this page), and return to the Fitness Center front desk, or send via email to email@example.com.
- Optional, but not required, schedule an appointment with fitness center staff for an equipment orientation and/or sit down to develop personal health goals and an exercise plan.
Group Exercise Classes
In-person classes are back! No registration is needed. Masks over nose and mouth are required at all times.
Strength and Core: Mondays at 4:45pm
Yoga for All: Thursdays at 4:45pm
See below for our current Virtual Group Exercise Classes. To attend, please click on a class for a link to the waiver, and you will be sent a WebEx meeting invite.Yoga for All: Mondays at 7pm
- Mon- Thurs: 5:30am- 7:00pm
- Friday: 5:30am- 6:00pm
- Saturday: 7am-12pm
- Address: 8200 W 71st Street
'How the Heck Do I Use That?'
Learn about the equipment that we have at the Fitness Center!