The Shawnee Mission School District Fitness Center, located in the Center for Academic Achievement, is a state of the art facility tailored to all fitness levels.
**This benefit is for ALL SMSD staff, their spouses, and dependents 16 years or older- FREE of charge.
The Fitness Center provides comprehensive health and fitness programs to meet your needs and goals for a healthier lifestyle. The center is staffed with qualified fitness professionals trained in exercise instruction and programming.
So... who can use the Fitness Center?
- Any SMSD employee, their spouse, and dependents 16 years or older.
- Retirees of the district are eligible to become members of the Fitness Center and will have access during limited hours: M-F 8am- 2pm; Sat 7am-12.
*No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the Fitness Center at any time.
How do I join?
- Complete a New Member Packet (linked under Important Documents on the right hand side of this page), and return to the Fitness Center front desk, or send via email to email@example.com.
- Optional, but not required, schedule an appointment with fitness center staff for an equipment orientation and/or sit down to develop personal health goals and an exercise plan.
September Group Exercise Classes
Mondays & Thursdays 4:45pm
Saturday, Sept 24th 9am
Wednesdays 4:45 pm
Monday & Thursdays 4:45 pm
Pre-book your classes via the Zenplanner Member app to reserve your spot in class
- Mon- Thurs: 5:30 am- 7:00pm
- Friday: 5:30 am- 6:00pm
- Saturday: 7am-12pm
- Address: 8200 W 71st Street Door 13
'How the Heck Do I Use That?'
Learn about the equipment that we have at the Fitness Center!