Effective August 6, 2021, face masks are required at all times in the SMSD Fitness Center.
The Shawnee Mission School District Fitness Center, located in the Center for Academic Achievement, is a state of the art facility tailored to all fitness levels.
**This benefit is for ALL SMSD staff, their spouses, and dependents 16 years or older- FREE of charge.
The Fitness Center provides comprehensive health and fitness programs to meet your needs and goals for a healthier lifestyle. The center is staffed with qualified fitness professionals trained in exercise instruction and programming.
So... who can use the Fitness Center?
- Any SMSD employee, their spouse, and dependents 16 years or older.
- Retirees of the district are eligible to become members of the Fitness Center and will have access during limited hours: M-F 8am- 2pm; Sat 7am-12.
*No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the Fitness Center at any time.
How do I join?
- Complete a New Member Packet (linked under Important Documents on the right hand side of this page), and return to the Fitness Center front desk, or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Optional, but not required, schedule an appointment with fitness center staff for an equipment orientation and/or sit down to develop personal health goals and an exercise plan.
Group Exercise Classes
At this time, there will be no in-person classes. See below for our current Virtual Group Exercise Classes. To attend, please click on a class for a link to the waiver, and you will be sent a WebEx meeting invite.
Yoga For All with Chris
Check out this FAQ from our instructor, Chris!
- Mon- Thurs: 5:30am- 7:00pm
- Friday: 5:30am- 6:00pm
- Saturday: 7am-12pm
- Address: 8200 W 71st Street
'How the Heck Do I Use That?'
Learn about the equipment that we have at the Fitness Center!