The Fitness Center has reopened. Please see email communications, as well as this page, for everything you will need to know before coming in.
*Current members: if you have not received your login information, please email us. Familiarize yourself with our Procedures Video and Reservation Instructions (on the right-hand side) before coming in for a workout.
If you are not currently a Fitness Center member, please see below for the current process of joining.
3. It may take 1-3 days until you receive your information to log in to our online reservation system. Once you do receive that email, you will know that you are all set to sign up for a time to use the Fitness Center. Instructions on how to make a reservation here. (At this time, there is no walk-in use of the fitness center)
Group Exercise Classes
At this time, there will be no in-person classes. See below for our current Virtual Group Exercise Classes. To attend, please click on a class for a link to the waiver, and you will be sent a WebEx meeting invite.
Mondays: Yoga For All with Chris 7:oopm
Tuesdays: Zumba with Aimee 4:45pm
Thursdays: Yoga For All with Chris 4:45pm
The Shawnee Mission School District Fitness Center, located in the Center for Academic Achievement, is a state of the art facility tailored to all fitness levels.
The Fitness Center provides comprehensive health and fitness programs to meet your needs and goals for a healthier lifestyle. The center is staffed with qualified fitness professionals trained in exercise instruction and programming.
Available free-of-charge to all Shawnee Mission School District employees, their spouses and dependents 16 years of age and older. District retirees who still use the district's medical plan will have access to the facility during limited hours.
(by reservation only)
- Monday: 5:30am- 7:00pm
- Tuesday: 5:30am- 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 5:30am- 7:00pm
- Thursday: 5:30am- 7:00pm
- Friday: 5:30am- 6:00pm
- Saturday: 7am-12pm
- Address: 8200 W 71st Street
- Video: COVID-19 Fitness Center Procedures & Facility Layout
- Making a Fitness Center Reservation
- New Member Packet
Who can join the Fitness Center? Any Shawnee Mission School District employee, their spouse, and their dependents 16 years or older. *No one below the age of 16 is allowed in the Fitness Center at any time.