COVID-19 Staff Wellbeing Resources
- CDC Guidance on Stress & Anxiety
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: https://govstatus.egov.com/coronavirus
- Blue KC: In an effort to keep members informed, BlueKC is sending updates to members via email. To receive these emails, you must opt in to receive communication from BlueKC. If you are a current BlueKC member and have not been receiving emails from them, click here for instructions on how to opt in to emails or update your email address with BlueKC. ~ Click here to read Blue KC's latest updates on COVID-19.
Mental Health Resources:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Your EAP benefit through New Directions Behavioral Health is free of charge to all employees and their family members. The EAP benefit offers free counseling sessions (at this time, counseling sessions are telephonic, video or via text messaging), financial and legal services. Their website also hosts a wide array of resources. See below for flyers with more details of services offered.
- Johnson County Mental Health Center has expanded a free service to school staff members who work in Johnson County.
JCMHC Front Line Support service is providing up to six sessions without a fee to those on the front lines of the pandemic. Any school district staff member interested in exploring services can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and preferred contact information. One of their staff members will follow-up with you within one business day to schedule an initial appointment.
JCMHC also has dozens of free resources online at jocogov.org/frontlinesupport . These resources include weekly emails, a mental health podcast, support groups, phone apps (sleep, meditation, self-help), coping strategies and other mental health practices your can do from your home or office. As always, the 24/7 Crisis Line is available to anyone at 913-268-0156.
Behavioral Health Therapist at PriorityOne Health Center
PriorityOne Health Center now offers behavioral health services with an onsite therapist. Counseling for individuals, couples and families is offered to help you improve your health. Whether you’re dealing with grief, stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, PTSD, eating disorders, substance abuse or self-image – PriorityOne Health Center therapist Jen Simon is here to listen. Full details HERE.
- Behavioral health at PriorityOne Health Center is available to the following individuals enrolled in the District’s health insurance plan:
- Staff members and pre-Medicare retirees
- Dependents, including spouses and children age 12+
Mental Health America - more mental health and COVID-19 resources HERE
Some developers are making the premium version of their apps FREE to teachers and other school staff!
- Stop, Breathe & Think
- Calm: Meditations, sleep stories, movement exercises, journals, and music to help you look after yourself! The links below include their ~free~ resources, as well as their YouTube channel.
- Ten Percent Happier: free access for teachers and other essential workers
- Additionally, their always free Coronavirus Sanity Guide offering podcasts, guided meditations, etc.
Fitness & Nutrition:
- Naturally Slim Program: This program could help you reach your weight loss goals, break old habits, relieve stress & anxiety, and build your immunity! Click HERE for all the details.
- Down Dog: Exercise apps for Yoga, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, 7-min Workouts, & Prenatal Yoga. Free until July 1st, 2021 for all students and teachers!
- FitOn: a HUGE variety of workouts that you can do anywhere.
- Their YouTube Channel has more free videos and at-home workouts
- Fit Tip Videos: featuring your SMSD Fitness Center ladies!
- SMSD Wellness YouTube channel
- We have created playlists for different types of workouts and saved our favorite videos!
- This resource helps you and/or your family create a health-conscious routine that keeps you active, eating healthy, managing stress & sleep, and entertaining your household.
Sharing Meals while Social Distancing Cookbook!
Click HERE to check out the cookbook created from recipes you all shared! We are ALWAYS accepting more recipes.
Find what produce is in-season in your area before you plan your meals! Click Here.
Stay Connected with SMSD Wellbeing
- FACEBOOK PAGE
- Private Facebook group: How to join: search "SMSD Wellbeing: At-home!" and request to join. You will be asked to answer a question (what building you work in). This group is private, so anything you comment, post, like, etc. will only be seen by members of the group and is not posted to your personal Facebook page. Please read the group description and guidelines after being accepted.
- TWITTER PAGE