COVID-19 Staff Wellbeing Resources
- CDC Guidance on Stress & Anxiety
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: https://govstatus.egov.com/coronavirus
- Blue KC: In an effort to keep members informed, BlueKC is sending updates to members via email. To receive these emails, you must opt in to receive communication from BlueKC. If you are a current BlueKC member and have not been receiving emails from them, click here for instructions on how to opt in to emails or update your email address with BlueKC. Click here to read the contents of an email sent by BlueKC on Friday, March 27th.
Mental Health Resources:
- Self-talk Tip Sheet
- The Mindfulness Experience: Registration for The Mindfulness Experience is open. Program begins April 27th. The Mindfulness Experience is free of charge and available to all SMSD employees. This resource provides participants with tools to support the wellbeing of the individual. Participants engage in activities designed to increase awareness of how being more mindful can help to cultivate contentment, calmness and clarity. Learn more here. To register:
- Proceed to https://us.mywellsite.com/wellnessworkshop/SMSD , tap "Sign Up."
- Review and approve the terms of service
- When prompted enter ME8H as the company code.
- Complete the user registration screen.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Your EAP benefit through New Directions Behavioral Health is free of charge to all employees and their family members. The EAP benefit offers free counseling sessions (at this time, counseling sessions are telephonic, video or via text messaging), financial and legal services. Their website also hosts a wide array of resources. See below for flyers with more details of services offered.
- Mindfulness apps: Looking for assistance with self care? Some developers are making the premium version of their apps FREE to teachers and other school staff.
Fitness & Nutrition:
- Naturally Slim Program: This program could help you reach your weight loss goals, break old habits, relieve stress & anxiety, and build your immunity! Click HERE for all the details.
- Down Dog: Exercise apps for Yoga, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, 7-min Workouts, & Prenatal Yoga. Free until January 1st, 2021 for all students and teachers!
- To claim your free membership go to www.downdogapp.com (can also download the smartphone apps) and sign up using your smsd.org email address. Use the same sign-in for all of the apps- phone or web!
- Fit Tip Videos: featuring your SMSD Fitness Center ladies!
- The rest of the library HERE
- SMSD YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEVoQ06an32RPnckqAc8jFw/playlists?view_as=subscriber
- We have created playlists for different types of workouts and saved our favorite videos!
This resource helps you and/or your family create a health-conscious routine that keeps you active, eating healthy, managing stress & sleep, and entertaining your household.
Sharing Meals while Social Distancing Cookbook!
Click HERE to check out the cookbook created from recipes you all shared! We are ALWAYS accepting more recipes.
Find what produce is in-season in your area before you plan your meals! Click Here.
Stay Connected with SMSD Wellbeing
- FACEBOOK PAGE
- Private Facebook group: How to join: search "SMSD Wellbeing: At-home!" and request to join. You will be asked to answer a question (what building you work in). This group is private, so anything you comment, post, like, etc. will only be seen by members of the group and is not posted to your personal Facebook page. Please read the group description and guidelines after being accepted.
- TWITTER PAGE