COVID-19 Staff Wellbeing Resources
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: https://govstatus.egov.com/coronavirus
- Blue KC: In an effort to keep members informed, BlueKC is sending updates to members via email. To receive these emails, you must opt in to receive communication from BlueKC. If you are a current BlueKC member and have not been receiving emails from them, click here for instructions on how to opt in to emails or update your email address with BlueKC. Click here to read the contents of an email sent by BlueKC on Friday, March 27th.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Are you looking for a way to help with Covid-19 by volunteering? VolunteerMatch has a variety of volunteer opportunities available. Many of the opportunities can be done from you own home. Click the following link for more information. https://www.volunteermatch.org/covid19?l=Overland+Park%2C+KS+66204&searchOpps
- Test Your COVID-19 IQ: The “Coronaquizzes” below were created by wellness vendor, Quizzify and are reviewed (and frequently updated as new information about COVID-19 comes out) by doctors at Harvard Medical School.
Mental Health Resources:
- Self-talk Tip Sheet
- JUNE Self-Care Inspiration Calendar
- JULY Self-Care Inspiration Calendar
- The Mindfulness Experience: Registration for The Mindfulness Experience is open. Program begins April 27th. The Mindfulness Experience is free of charge and available to all SMSD employees. This resource provides participants with tools to support the wellbeing of the individual. Participants engage in activities designed to increase awareness of how being more mindful can help to cultivate contentment, calmness and clarity. Learn more here. To register:
- Proceed to https://us.mywellsite.com/wellnessworkshop/SMSD , tap "Sign Up."
- Review and approve the terms of service
- When prompted enter ME8H as the company code.
- Complete the user registration screen.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Your EAP benefit through New Directions Behavioral Health is free of charge to all employees and their family members. The EAP benefit offers free counseling sessions (at this time, counseling sessions are telephonic, video or via text messaging), financial and legal services. Their website also hosts a wide array of resources. See below for flyers with more details of services offered.
- Mindfulness apps: Looking for assistance with self care? Some developers are making the premium version of their apps FREE to teachers and other school staff.
Fitness & Nutrition:
- Naturally Slim Program: This program could help you reach your weight loss goals, break old habits, relieve stress & anxiety, and build your immunity! Click HERE for all the details.
- Virtual Group Exercise Classes: Please click on the waiver, and sign, for each class you want to participate in. These classes will run weekly, for the foreseeable future, unless otherwise communicated.
- Mondays: Yoga For All- 9AM https://forms.gle/jiz9Eo5GMT9rpurAA
Zumba- 2PM https://forms.gle/euVLMv8LxxRxUfFQ7
- Wednesdays: Yoga For All- 9AM https://forms.gle/kBZLzB3MtpDm16UQ7
- Thursdays: Zumba- 9AM https://forms.gle/SgCmn5gt1gNmKji89
Zumba- 7PM https://forms.gle/4GowtrizyFqCQ8i28
- Fridays: Yoga For All- 9AM https://forms.gle/AV3ZZGQ43JSuKLj8A
- Fit Tip Videos: featuring your SMSD Fitness Center ladies!
- SMSD YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEVoQ06an32RPnckqAc8jFw/playlists?view_as=subscriber
- We have created playlists for different types of workouts and saved our favorite videos!
This resource helps you and/or your family create a health-conscious routine that keeps you active, eating healthy, managing stress & sleep, and entertaining your household.
Connect Four Fitness
Week 1 (Jul 6-12, due 7/13)
Sharing Meals while Social Distancing Cookbook!
Click HERE to check out the cookbook created from recipes you all shared! We are ALWAYS accepting more recipes.
Find what produce is in-season in your area before you plan your meals! Click Here.
Stay Connected with SMSD Wellbeing
- FACEBOOK PAGE
- Private Facebook group: How to join: search "SMSD Wellbeing: At-home!" and request to join. You will be asked to answer a question (what building you work in). This group is private, so anything you comment, post, like, etc. will only be seen by members of the group and is not posted to your personal Facebook page. Please read the group description and guidelines after being accepted.
- TWITTER PAGE